BrickCon is an inclusive space intended for any fan of LEGO to hang out with like-minded people. To maintain and protect this supportive community and environment, all registered attendees, staff, vendors, visiting public, and anyone involved in this event commit to the following:
- Inclusive: BrickCon commits to providing a safe, welcoming environment to everyone, regardless of gender, race, orientation, ethnicity, religion, nationality, age, disability, or any other identifying category.
- Free of harassment: Harassment or insults in any form are not okay. This includes (but is not limited to) name calling, inappropriate touching, invading personal space, public or private communications with intent to disparage or intimidate, posting inappropriate or offensive photos
- Free of abuse: BrickCon takes the safety of those in our community seriously. Abuse, whether physical, mental, sexual, or otherwise, will not be tolerated.
- Consent is key: If someone tells you that your behavior is making them uncomfortable, stop. If someone tells you they do not appreciate your attention, leave them alone.
If someone violates this Code of Conduct, inform a staff member immediately. An additional staff member will be brought in to document and investigate the allegation. Staff will, with the assistance of the board of directors, recommend and execute a decision and any consequences, if necessary.
- Be nice to people.
- Be aware of your words and actions.
- Protect others around you and the community by reporting violations.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed toward a person, their belongings, or a group of people
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory language or actions
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person)
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
Once a violation is reported and investigated, if warranted, consequences will be applied. These include:
- Discharged for the remainder of event
- One year ban from the event
- Lifetime ban from the event
If you are discharged from the event, you will not receive a refund of any monies paid.